Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Four Seasons Quilt Swap

I finally finished my submission to the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. For some reason I had a lot of trouble with this one. I have had a thousand ideas and started at least five of them only to have something go radically wrong or the attempts turned out to be something I didn't like. In the end, I went for a discharged shadow quilt similar to one I had made in the past. The technique is something I have taught to several ASG groups and the results are very different each time I try it. The illusion is quite remarkable and I really like the different fabrics used for the leaves as they are patterned on leaves from the Over Cup Oak in my backyard. It is very simply quilted but it holds up well to washing and drying. It is going way far away...can't really say where until it is received by my partner . I hope she likes it!
Here is a long view of the quilt.
Here is a close up of the illusion.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I really love this. I have used leaves to dicharge black fabric but I have never sewn leaves down to give the shadow look. I realy love the efect. good job!!

Lisa said...

Oh, I LOVE that, it is so cool!!!

The Calico Cat said...

NICE JOB!

Sue said...

I love the effect of your floating leaves, I'm sure the recipient will too.

hooli said...

This is truly a work of art!

Emily Cole said...

Wow, I have never seen anything like that before. Good job! Em