Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mail Call

In the mail today I found a plethora of creative inspiration. First I saw the fourth issue of Craft magazine. Just flippng through it took 20 minutes bacause I kept stopping to more closely examine the projects. Heck, even the last page was amazing with a full size, usable, stained glass shopping cart. Then I opened a package from Amazon which contained the Amy Butler book 'In Stitches', 'The Crafter's Companion' edited by Anna Torborg and Tsia Carson's 'Craftivity'. Each are full of inspiration and each has its own voice. I will probably be spending a lot of time reading rather than doing over the next few days and I promise to report back on anything I think is noteworthy.

BUT the most interesting news came in an e-mail today from the folk at Sew Stylish magazine. Babylock is having a contest called 'Take this craft and sew it'. Entrants are to go to their local Babylock dealer and get a free package of materials to make either an MP3 player case or a clutch style purse. Entries are due by the end of August and winners get a Babylock sewing machine. This contest should yield some interesting results if they can generate some enthusiasm. The rules and entry form are at www.takethiscraftandsewit.com.

I will now go and build my ark as I have heard that the weatherman is expecting another 5 - 10 inches of rain over the next three days ... on top of the 12 inches we have already had this month in my backyard. Maybe I should have put off retirement and moved to Columbus, Ohio, when the bank offered to move me, as they have not had any rain in almost two weeks. Just kidding!

1 comment:

Bristolcare said...

We are more fortunate here with the weather, the rain has stopped for now and we are enjoying nice warm sunny days, how long it will last is anybodies guess!