Friday, July 13, 2007

Freedom Friday

I think I should make this a part of my week every week - even if its not Friday. This is a day where I do not have to be anywhere but where I want to be and no-one but the dogs have any claims on my mind or time. I went to bed last night wanting to watch more of the movies my son had downloaded for me, to get the dang sweater I've been kntting to the 'shaping the yoke' stage, create some additional kitchen accessories from the leftover apron fabric and to buy some guilty pleasure food at the grocery store. I made it to the grocery store and picked up some Marie Callender's pot pies - the guilty pleasure. I watched The Messengers (dumb), Breach (unsatisfying) and Bridge to Terebithia (excellent) while knitting up a storm such that I only have half a sleeve left before I can start shaping the yoke (whatever that is). As to additional kitchen accessories, well no such luck... or at least none to share as the potholder I did try got all wonky... maybe I'l share more successful attempts, if there are any, later.

Medical update - saw the doctor yesterday and she says my vocal cords are as smooth as a baby's bottom. I think that's good.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: