Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Alex Update

I picked up Alex from the emergency vet this morning. They had to do a little more work on him last night and recommended that he spend the day with my regular vet getting IV fluids. He looks pretty awful - both his neck and body are almost completely covered with gauze bandages, ace bandages and bright yellow sports tape. He has so many painful wounds and drains that the emergency vet had a hard time picking him up for transport. They ended up confining him to a box and I drove him to my vet that way. He complained the whole way but he really didn't have his heart in it. Although he wouldn't lick my face or wag his tail for me, he did kiss the vet tech and wag his tail for my vet. I know it will be a while before he is back to normal but I could really use some doggy kisses right now.

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

It is so hard when our loved ones (human or animal) are ill. I will think good happy thoughts and send you hugs of comfort.

Anonymous said...

Alice, I'm so so sorry to hear about this incident with Alex... you're all in my thoughts and prayers!