Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Finny and Donk's Sewing Adventure

Do you remember the 'Funeral Purse' ? The people who organized the In-Stitches sew-a-long have decided to continue sewing along in 2008 with a different book. The book for this year (or maybe less) is Simple Gifts to Sew by Jocelyn Worrall. Its a great little book with 30 simple but textural projects. The first project the group will be working on is a buttoned furry scarf and it is due by the end of February. Since I have the book I will probably play along but I just can't see me using a furry scarf. Maybe Alex and the girls would each like one? If you would like to see what others are doing or join in on the action see the Flickr pool at here. Finny and Donk are incredibly creative. Donk aka Kelli has a recent tutorial on her web site for making jewellry rolls that you might like to check out. Finny writes just like a friend of mine from Brooklyn sounds - if that makes sense to you.

BTW - did you see that I finally figured out how to embed links to other sites in my posts. Its taken me almost nine months to figure this out so I want hear lots of gasps of amazsement over my new found tech abilities. Can you see me doing a happy dance?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I only figured it out because a kind person with more technical ability than me told me how... pretty cool, isn't it?! (Good grief - I swear the later it is at night, the more complex they make the word verification!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on embedding your first links!

The sew-a-long sounds like fun.

Your Hot-Cocoa-swap secret partner